This site is operated in compliance with the Government of South Australia's information privacy principles (IPPs), a copy of which can be obtained from the Department of the Premier and Cabinet.
This site collects and uses the following information from users:
- The user's IP address, the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous website visited and the type of browser used. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider's logs. This information is analysed to determine the site's usage statistics.
- The site retains the email address of people who use the 'Contact us' form so that we can send a response. They are stored in a secure area within the Government of South Australia's message services system and will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed without your consent.
- Such information may or may not be personal information for the purpose of the IPPs. Nonetheless, you consent to the use of this information to establish ownership of the material and to enable site administrators to contact website administrators/content owners, to confirm (or not) the website registration and advise them of the link being published on this site. The information is then kept for contact purposes in the course of monitoring site currency. The information is stored in a secure area of the site's system.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party except in accordance with the IPPs.
- Site administrators are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the IPPs.
- This site and the Government of South Australia are responsible for the privacy and security of information while it is stored on or passing through this site. The Government of South Australia agencies and instrumentalities are responsible for the privacy and security of information collected by, stored on or passing through their own websites.
- You should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should use this site. There are alternative ways to obtaining information from and transacting business with the Government of South Australia for those users who do not wish to use the internet.
- This site contains links to a large number of other websites that are included on the basis of containing content relevant to the South Australian community, business or government. When a user clicks on a link to another website, they leave this site and this privacy and security statement no longer applies.
- The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to this site on a regular basis you carefully read the information provided.
Personal information privacy
All South Australian Government agencies are required to ensure that the principles set out in the Department of the Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular PC 012: Information privacy principles (IPPS) instruction are followed. We, therefore, have an obligation to manage personal information appropriately in accordance with the DPC circular.
In order to do our regulatory work in line with the legislation, we collect and use personal information provided by the public. This information may also be disclosed to other government organisations if required for their functions.
Individuals are legally entitled to access information (with some restrictions) held by public sector organisations under state and Commonwealth freedom of information laws. Please see the 'Freedom of information' page on our website for details.
- State Records SA: Short guide to the information privacy principles
- State Records SA: Contracting and the information privacy principles