Residual approved providers and services may use the form below to apply for an exemption from certain provisions of the Education and Care Services National Law (South Australia).
This application form should be completed when the provider or service is unable to meet their obligations under the law for a period of time.
To complete this form, you will need:
- approved provider and service details
- the section of the law or regulations that the provider or service is unable to meet
- reasons why the provider or service cannot meet their obligations
- evidence of attempts made to comply with the law and regulations
- detailed strategies implemented to work towards compliance
- steps being taken to protect the wellbeing of children during the exemption period
- strategies in place for meeting the requirements of the law and regulations once the exemption ceases
- documents with relevant supporting evidence.
Before you begin an application for exemption
- Applicant declaration
You will need to attach the Applicant Declaration to your which you can download and complete in advance. You may scan or photograph the completed form for upload during the application.
When submitting this form, refer to your legal requirements under the Education and Early Childhood Services (Regulation and Standards) Regulations 2011 (SA). Providing false or misleading information may attract a penalty.
Note: If an exemption is granted, providers and services are expected to make arrangements to comply with the law before the expiry date of the exemption. Extensions to an exemption will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Education and Early Childhood Services (Registration and Standards) Act 2011, Part 3 and Schedule 2
- Exemption from certain provisions of Education and Care Services South Australia (National Law s17)
- Power of delegation (National Law s20)
Note: We encourage you to use the online form above. If you have any questions about using the form, please call 1800 882 413 or email educationstandardsboard [at] sa.gov.au for assistance.
The pdf version below will remain available until late April 2023. If using the pdf form, you will need to print, complete, scan and send via email to educationstandardsboard [at] sa.gov.au.