If a complaint is about a child protection (abuse/neglect) concern a notification needs to be made to the
24 hour Child Abuse Report Line on 131 478
Complaints relating to Early Childhood Services
(Which includes Long Day Care, Family Day Care, Preschools and Out School Hours Care services)
Legislative information regarding the receipt and investigation of complaints relating to early childhood services may be found in the Education and Early Childhood Services (Registration and Standards) Act 2011 Section 260(d) Functions of Regulatory Authority.
The Board will receive complaints from any person with a concern that relates to:
- non-compliance with the Early Childhood Services legislation
- health, safety or wellbeing of any child within a service.
Prior to approaching the Board with a complaint, it would normally be expected that you had discussed the matter with the service and had attempted to resolve the issue.
Approved service providers are required to have:
- policies and procedures for dealing with complaints
- processes in place to ensure all grievances and complaints are addressed, investigated fairly and documented in a timely manner.
If you have been unable to resolve the issue with the service or there are circumstances where it is not possible or appropriate for the complaint to be managed at the local level, a complaint may be lodged with the Board on
(08) 8226 0077.
Complaints will be:
- assessed for risk to the health, safety or wellbeing of any child
- investigated by an authorised officer
- reviewed for non-compliance with the legislation.
Action taken will be based on the:
- seriousness of the matter and
- assessed level of risk to children.
For further information:
Further investigation may be required where there are serious breaches and/or complex matters.
Any compliance action will be determined by the Board.