Key updates in the Approved Learning Frameworks Version 2.0
Ministers have approved changes to the approved learning frameworks for early childhood education and care. Further detail regarding the changes can be found in the resources supplied by ACECQA, links below. Approved providers and services should become familiar with version two of the frameworks and prepare to implement these before early 2024.
Key updates to the approved learning frameworks are summarised below.
Strengthening Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives throughout the frameworks including the vision, principles, practices and outcomes.
Pedagogy and educator’s professional practice
Strengthening the link between the vision and planning cycle.
- strengthening the principle of ongoing learning and reflective practice
- introducing a new principle promoting collaborative leadership
- introducing a new sustainability principle
- strengthening the principle of high expectations and equity
- updating the principle of secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships to include relational pedagogy
- strengthening partnerships to include other professionals
- clarifying the meaning of holistic approaches
- strengthening the connection between play-based learning and intentionality
- replacing cultural competence with cultural responsiveness
- aligning assessment and evaluation for learning, development and wellbeing
- expanding and strengthening guidance to support the Learning Outcomes
Greater focus on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives
Integrating western and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledges and perspectives across all aspects of children’s education and care practice.
This acknowledges the important role of early childhood and school age education and care in the authentic advancement of Reconciliation in Australia.
- Information Sheet – Approved Learning Frameworks overview
- Overview of changes online video
- ‘What’s changed?’ fact sheet for the EYLF V2.0
- ‘What’s changed?’ fact sheet for MTOP V2.0
- Approved Learning Frameworks Update FAQs
- Mapping the updated EYLF to V9 Australian Curriculum
- Mapping the updated MTOP to V9 Australian Curriculum