The Education Standards Board is committed to a contemporary approach to regulating education and early childhood services, to support the best interests of children and young people, their families and our other stakeholders.
We value our role in assisting families to access high-quality education and early childhood services. This supports the commitment of the South Australian Government to strive for excellence in every child and young person’s growth and learning and development.
Making a positive difference to the lives of South Australian children and young people by ensuring they have access to high-quality education and early childhood services
Improving the education and care outcomes for children and young people through the registration of schools and the regulation of early childhood and OSHC services
Our goal is to maintain and enhance:
- our contemporary approach to regulation
- our effective engagement with stakeholders
- leadership of our high-performing organisation.
The Education Standards Board will uphold public sector values through its decisions, actions and interactions. In addition, we are committed to our values:
- Honesty & integrity: acting consistently and fairly and encouraging openness and transparency
- Professionalism: a culture that improves productivity and strives for excellence
- Sustainability: proactively improving and being responsive to change
- Collaboration & engagement: collaborating in our work practices
- Accountability: decision-making that complies with legislation, is ethical and consistent with approved policies and procedures.
Pursue a contemporary risk- and standards-based approach to regulation by:
- reducing regulatory burden by utilising tools and approaches proportionate to the risk
- encouraging continuous improvement of early childhood services through enhanced monitoring, assessment and rating processes and reporting
- strengthening the early childhood sector’s understanding of compliance by promoting the National Quality Framework
- ensuring schools meet the registration standards to support educational achievement and contribute to students’ health, safety and wellbeing
- influencing legislation and policy for education and early childhood programs and services.
Continue positive engagement with stakeholders and reflect on feedback by:
- using our partnerships to inform regulatory approach
- keeping people informed and engaged through regular communications
- levering technology and online platforms for communication to better meet user needs
- supporting the early childhood sector by providing customised professional development to further their understanding of compliance and support high-quality education and care.
Support our people and improve our business by:
- facilitating a flexible, mobile workforce through contemporary policies
- supporting a culture that embodies our values, supports our people and their development and promotes equal opportunity
- proactively aiming to improve our practice
- protecting and promoting the welfare, health and safety of our people.