The South Australian Education and Early Childhood Services (Registration and Standards) Act 2011, incorporating the Education and Care Services National Law (South Australia), provides the legislative base for a single streamlined regulatory system in South Australia, overseen by a single Regulatory Board, the Education and Early Childhood Services Registration and Standards Board of South Australia.
This Law, and its associated Regulations, makes explicit community expectations and standards for all children’s services and schools in both government and non-government sectors.
His Excellency the Governor has appointed the Education and Early Childhood Services Registration and Standards Board of South Australia to oversee the fulfilment of this Act. The Board has the following key functions:
- to regulate the provision of education services and early childhood services
- to approve the requirements for endorsement of registration of schools
- to establish and maintain the registers contemplated by this Act
- to prepare or endorse codes of conduct for registered schools
- to provide advice to the Minister
- to carry out other functions assigned to the Board by the Minister.
(incorporating the Education and Care Services National Law 2010)